With the rise in cost of getting married, many couples are looking for cheaper and more personalized options. There are plenty of options available today for couples who want to tie the knot, but they don’t want to spend a fortune.
These include: eloping, having an intimate wedding ceremony and reception with family and friends, and finally having a destination wedding in a more affordable country. The cost of getting married is not the same for all couples.
A lot of factors come into play, including your income, where you live, how long it has been since you last got married, and whether or not you have children. The average cost of a wedding in the US is $28,427 – but this varies depending on where you live. For example, the average cost in New Hampshire is $19,427 while it costs $40,527 in Manhattan.
Why Are Weddings So Expensive?
No matter how much money you have, it can still be difficult to pay for a wedding. Between the venue, catering, photographer, cake and music – there are a lot of expenses to consider. In this article we want to help you make the decision on how to plan your wedding with your budget in mind.
In our society, weddings are symbols of success and part of our culture. What makes them so special is that they’re all different and unique, just like the people who get married and the things they cherish.
The average American wedding costs around $35,000. This includes the honeymoon and engagement ring, which explains why the average wedding is such a big event. The price of a wedding has increased by 74% since 1990, and there are many factors that contribute to these increasing prices.
How To Plan Your Wedding On A Budget
It is always exciting when you and your partner finally decide to get married and start the next big step of your lives. But if you are not financially stable or have a tight budget, it is understandable to be worried about how this will affect the ultimate quality of your wedding.
Inexpensive weddings can be just as enjoyable and memorable as expensive ones. With this guide, I will show you how to plan your wedding on a budget.
You can save money on your wedding by doing things like:
– Buying a dress at a second-hand store,
– Buying your flowers from a wholesale store,
– Making the invitations, decorations or cake yourself, and so on.
– Cut back on unnecessary purchases and wedding gifts for your wedding party.
– Consider a smaller wedding party of your closest friends and family.
– Use a friend or family member to take photos / video of the ceremony and reception.
– If you want a professional to do the photos, hire a photographer instead of hiring a videographer, as a photographer could do photos as well as video.
– Avoid peak wedding season, when prices are increased to capitalise on it being wedding season.
– Consider wedding packaged, where venues offer bundle deals on the venue, reception, food and a DJ, often with a heavy discount.
– Make your own wedding favours.
– One big cost saver, is eloping. By skipping on the big wedding, you’ll obviously save money, and can have a more affordable reception to celebrate the wedding on your return.
We hope that by now you have a clearer picture of what to expect when it comes to getting married on a budget. Weddings can be extremely expensive, but you can still have a beautiful wedding without spending a fortune, and hopefully these tips have been helpful.